Techincal Team Lead
Are you interested leading the hardware team to deliver the hardware products that the company is selling to customers in the UK and abroad and have responsibility for any hardware field issues smart battery assets in the field, working closely with the CTO to define priorities and objectives. They are rapidly expanding its assets under management including two specifications of its Smart Battery product, distributed throughout UK and soon into Europe and Australia. They have also developed hardware that is integrated into 3rd party manufactured energy storage and charging assets, which is being rolled out globally including in the N American market.
The company are integrating its GridShare platform into a wide range of storage assets including EV chargepoints, heat assets and other home IoT devices. You will support the expansion and diversification of hardware assets onto the GridShare platform.
The team has responsibility for all significant stages of our hardware product lifecycle, and our: Product Scoping / Technical Brief / Design / Prototyping / Adherence to Compliance & Standards / Design for Manufacture / Manufacturing / RMA process / Field hardware issues.
The candidate will be able to demonstrate expertise in these areas and will be responsible for ensuring that products are designed and manufactured to the highest quality and comply with all relevant standards.
Scope of hardware for the role:
- Legacy products (V3 Smart battery) including any issues hardware / design / RMA in the supply chain or in the field.
- Suitability / compliance / functionality of 3rd party hardware integrated with GridShare, deployed by the Company.
- New products that they develop, and updates to existing products.
You will be able to balance the commercial requirements of the business with long term goals for product delivery, managing the Supply Chain Manager to ensure timely delivery of product. You will approach challenges and problems in a calm manner, bringing focus and direction to the team solving the issue, and helping the team manage competing priorities.
Have a mature and proven approach to leadership, taking responsibility for the decisions of the team. Building, working within and leading a close-knit team with an engineering focus you will help deliver products successfully within timescales and budget.
Responsibilities will include:
- Line managing a multidisciplinary team as a high performing part of the business.
- Managing stakeholders, (both internal and external), contractors and vendors.
- Preparing product delivery plans and managing delivery to them, progress reporting.
- Be a key part of the hardware team, delivering expertise to move deliverables forward.
- Manage competing demands for deliverables, prioritizing in collaboration with the Senior Management Team.
- Be the responsible person for hardware delivery, hardware performance in the field.
- Working with the Quality team to ensure that quality systems for production and subcontractor works deliver low defects and acceptable cost, and that all products we ship are compliant to relevant standards.
We’re looking for people who:
- Have expertise in Electronics Design, and Design for Manufacture.
- Have expertise in quality control systems for electronics manufacturing.
- Have expertise in compliance and standards that apply to consumer electronics, batteries, and preferably energy storage systems, for multiple Geographies.
- Have track record of growing hardware P&L from £1m to £50m.
- Have experience managing complex international supply chains.
- Have experience managing both launch of new products and maintenance of legacy products.
- Have experience managing a successful team under pressure.
- Leadership of teams for high quality delivery
- Expertise in Electronics design - able to make judgements and design decisions and direct internal and external EE design work.
- Be familiar with 3D design software (solid works) and PCBA design tools (Altium).
- Design information control, and version control expertise (Arena).
- Have a user focused attitude to design
- Highly organised and thorough in approach.
- Comfortable communicating to a wide range of stakeholders both internal and external.
- Write succinctly and clearly and generate appropriate graphics / diagrams for clarity.
- Never shy of asking a question to confirm understanding.