Software Developer in Test
Our client is a leader in providing cutting-edge Technology to the Telecommunications industry and they are looking for a Software Developer in Test to join their Tech team with expertise in Automation Testing, Agile (Scrum) and scripting.
As a Software Developer in Test the successful candidate will be in charge of the test automation and quality of some key components:
- Be flexible to work across Technologies such as C#, Java and to have a willingness to learn new skills.
- Be an evangelist for all things QA Automated related by advising and recommending QA and Testing best practice at company and project level across the full Delivery Lifeycyle.
- Support the definition of Test Automation Frameworks.
- Work closely with Product Owner’s and developers to agree test cases and their acceptance criteria.
- Experience of contributing to the automation strategy within the wider Test strategy, approach and execution for both manual and automated testing on development initiatives
- Strong technical skills and automation testing
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment
- Proven track record of leading, directing and mentoring QA teams and team members
- Track record of building comprehensive test automation frameworks from scratch
- Experience in high level test automation design and implementation, including unit, end-to-end, regression and load testing scenarios
- In depth coding and framework experience, with languages such as Java, .NET, Python etc.
- A sound knowledge of market leading test automation tools, such as Cucumber, SOAtest, SoapUI, Selenium WebDriver, etc.
- Back-end test automation experience testing APIs, Microservices and Cloud solutions
- DevOps and Continuous Integration experience (CI/CD) using market leading tools such as Jenkins, Maven, Git etc.
- High level knowledge of technical architecture relating to distributed and critical systems
- Experience implementing automated testing for heritage applications
Key Competencies/ What’s desired?
- The Candidate will have good Experience in using TOSCA
- ISTQB (or equivalent) Certification.
- Minimum 3 years experience in defining and leading Automation Framework definition and implementation
- Hands-on experience in Automation script development using Tosca
- 3+ years of experience programming in Java or C# languages
- Experience developing test automation for web UI’s using Selenium and SpecFlow,
- Experience developing API-level test automation for RESTful services
- Experience with the Agile/Scrum development lifecycle in a commercial/production environment,
- Industry experience with defect management systems and workflows.
- Responsible for designing and implementing Automation Frameworks and CI Pipelines across various platforms.
- Good experience in BDD and TDD
- Experience of testing UI’s, Services and API’s
- Demonstrable experience of writing SQL scripts for data extraction and validation purposes.
- Expertise in Jira, X-Ray and Confluence
- Knowledge of API / web services testing tools, such as SOAPUI
- Knowledge of Scrum, Agile is essential.
- Hands on experience Continuous Integration tools
- Self-motivated and able to coach/mentor/inspire others in Automation best practice