Senior Linux Systems Engineer
£500-£600 per day
We are currently seeking a Senior Linux Systems Engineer. As a key member of the Cloud Infrastructure Engineering team, you will be responsible for architecting, building and managing a tailored, global full stack cloud infrastructure that runs our SaaS product. This is an opportunity to be delivering with an organization which is at the forefront of technology running a Cloud SaaS platform that supports millions of users! ? The Cloud Infrastructure Systems Engineering team architects, builds and operates the server infrastructure that runs our SaaS platform at scale and with high availability.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in systems?engineering, understanding of the components of a cloud infrastructure including hardware platforms, OS, applications, databases, networks, web and application servers. Prior experience in Systems Engineering/DevOps and managing large-scale server infrastructure at a cloud computing or MSP setting is highly desirable. Strong Linux expertise is a?must.? Candidate must have good communication skills and work well in an open, collaborative, dynamic team environment.
- Linux (RedHat and/or CentOS)
- Service troubleshooting, covering web front-end, Systems, Databases and Networks
- (DNS, Mail, Apache/Tomcat, etc.).
- Systems, network, performance and availability monitoring and analysis as well as configuration management platforms (Puppet, Ansible, Splunk, Logstash, Prometheus)
- Platform virtualization software (VMware or KVM) is desirable
- MySQL, Oracle or similar technologies
- Networking Technologies such as routing, switching and load balancing
- Understanding of ITIL v3 framework and how it applies to incident, problem and change