Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
£45000 - £55000
Our client is a leader in providing cutting-edge Technology to the Telecommunications industry and they are looking for a Senior Quality Automation Engineer to join their Tech team with expertise in Automation Testing, Agile (Scrum) and Scripting.
The successful candidate will be in charge of the test automation and quality of some key components:
- Be flexible to work across Technologies such as C#, Java and to have a willingness to learn new skills.
- Be an evangelist for all things QA Automated related by advising and recommending QA and Testing best practice at company and project level across the full Delivery Lifeycyle.
- Support the definition of Test Automation Frameworks.
- Work closely with Product Owner's and developers to agree test cases and their acceptance criteria.
- Experience of contributing to the automation strategy within the wider Test strategy, approach and execution for both manual and automated testing on development initiatives
- Strong technical skills and automation testing
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment
- Proven track record of leading, directing and mentoring QA teams and team members
- Track record of building comprehensive test automation frameworks from scratch
- Experience in high level test automation design and implementation, including unit, end-to-end, regression and load testing scenarios
- In depth coding and framework experience, with languages such as Java, .NET, Python etc.
- Back End test automation experience testing APIs, Microservices and Cloud solutions
- DevOps and Continuous Integration experience (CI/CD) using market leading tools such as Jenkins, Maven, Git etc.
- High level knowledge of technical architecture relating to distributed and critical systems
- Experience implementing automated testing for heritage applications
Key Competencies/ What’s desired?
- 3+ years of experience programming in Java and C# languages
- Experience using Gherkin and Cucumber
- Good experience in BDD and TDD
- Demonstrable experience of writing SQL scripts for data extraction and validation purposes
- Expertise in Jira, X-Ray and Confluence
- Knowledge of Scrum, Agile is essential