The company operates a 13,700km private telecoms network, with 265 Points of Presence and connectivity to over 80 commercial data centres that span the UK. With its extensive telecoms engineering experience the company provides commercial security with unrivalled in-house engineering resource to Service Providers, Large Enterprises and the Public Sector providing a competitive range of leading edge Ethernet, Cloud Connect, Optical Networking and Co-location services.
Reporting to the Head of Product Development, we are looking for a Product Manager help maximise business value and return on investment of products and services. As the successful candidate, you will project manage the initial implementation of products from conception to full delivery, as well as engaging with key customers and departments involved in the delivery of service. You will drive the business performance of products in their portfolios to exceed planned business outcomes.
The telecoms company has a plan to expand its product portfolio in the next 5 years into voice, managed services and cloud so this is an exciting role where you'll face plenty of challenges, but the rewards are as numerous as the opportunities. We value our people and take great pride in our work.
Your Skills and Experience
- We’re looking for someone who has previous experience in a Product Management role in a B2B telecommunications environment or similar. A business or marketing qualification, or equivalent experience is essential. You will have an excellent understanding of building business cases for new projects, and the key business objectives of a telecoms operator. Your strong understanding of telecommunications technologies, including at least one packet networking service, will be vital.
- You will be a proactive and creative visionary, able to develop new ideas and present proposals clearly. You should have a track record of leading teams to service delivery success, able to articulate process flows and stakeholder roles from customer order through to full delivery.
The Enterprise Division comprises four companies: Contracting, Rail, Telecoms and Utilities. The company’s Enterprise Projects and Operational Support Team support the entire Enterprise division leading the deployment of best practice in assurance, project management, engineering and in handling strategic projects.
We have an excellent benefits package as part of our offering.
Here’s a few highlights;
- Generous holiday allowance (you can even buy additional holidays)
- Great share plans
- Group Pension Plan
- One day paid volunteering
- Tailored internal development opportunities