Depending on experience
Joining a small team of developers to build, deliver and integrate a set of inhouse and Third-party cloud applications in line with Agile (specifically Scrum and Kanban) software development methods, so you should be able to understand and utilise these approaches.
Sector experience - has worked in the Energy and/or Utilities sector with knowledge of UK energy industry, Smart Metering, Smart Grid, Asset Management, Field Services, Platform Building, Cloud Applications, AWS, Azure
Areas of responsibility
- Designing databases and ensuring their stability, reliability, and performance.
- Design, create, and implement database systems based on the end user's requirements.
- Improve application's performances.
- Prepare documentation for database applications.
- Be able to solve critical production issues under high pressure timelines and should be able to assist all involved teams to investigate the issue.
- Work on continuous technical improvement with all regular release cycles and should be able to take responsibility to deliver tasks on time.
- Work with architects to resolve design issues.
- Work with inhouse development teams to ensure that solutions are produced in accordance with the solution specifications and development best practice.
- Ensure customer, industry and corporate standards, processes, procedures and policies are adhered to when developing the technical solution.
- Strive for continuous improvement within the self-regulated team, mentor peers and associates
- Develop best practices for database design and development activities.
- Desktop apps development experience using Test Driven Development (TDD), Service Orientated Architecture (SOA), RESTful web services (JSON / XML)
- Web application architectures and designs and code modularisation
- Oracle connectors
- Linux command line (SSH)
- Advanced SQL
- AWS - design, deploy, debug and optimize across key services such as EC2 and RDS
- SOAP, WSDL, HTML5, CSS pre-processors, task runners
- Large-scale websites and cloud applications
- Third-party services, via APIs
- Comfortable programming in object-oriented PHP
- Experience of working the full project life cycle (SDLC)
- Experience of software development for high capacity, high availability, high traffic and high-quality product using XP and Agile framework
- Have knowledge and experience of data migration - strategy, rules and mapping, transformations and cleansing of data. This can include data take on and data extraction.
- Experience supporting Rapid development projects
- Effective time management and prioritisation of work load.
Education & Qualifications
- Educated to degree level
- Oracle Certified Associate, Java SE 8 Programmer or other recognized qualification is desirable