Intergration-Development Framework Engineer
Internally, testing aims to assess the product’s fitness for purpose, to identify and resolve as many defects as possible prior to external release, and to support the bid and rollout processes through the provision of timely, accurate and useful risk management information.
Externally, testing aims to provide the documentation and evidence necessary to build customer confidence in the product, support their rollout processes and enable them to demonstrate due diligence in their product selection and management process.
- Supporting the In-Dev + Customer Integration Teams in developing automated test suites.
- Review requirements and design specifications to create test cases and raise clarifications.
- Execute test/integration cases/scenarios, report results and provide supporting evidence.
- Raise and maintain detailed defect logs.
- Liaise with development teams to ensure the right solutions are implemented first time.
- Produce progress summaries and exit reports.
- Experience and Qualifications
- Experience in testing of wireless protocols or other message protocols
- Experience of scripting languages for test automation
- Experience in software testing, including communication technologies.
- ISEB/ISTQB foundation testing certificate or other recognised qualifications in Computer/Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- Significant experience of constructing test specifications and documenting results.
- Exposure to various testing techniques and methodologies including Agile and Waterfall.
- Technical, analytical and able to pick up new technologies.
- Ability to adapt to changes in testing project requirements.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong communications ability.
- Experience of LabVIEW and Test Stand
- Experience of Java
- Experience of Python
- Familiarity of ZigBee.
- Familiarity of DLMS / GBCS for smart metering
- Energy and energy management.
- Experience in UAT.
- Software development experience.
- Smart metering products and solutions testing experience.
- Experience in hardware testing.