£30000 - £40000
The Electronics Engineer will be the owner of the electronics design and will ensure that all requirements are fulfilled.
This role will be responsible for:
- Defining products
- Writing hardware specification based on the requirements (customer and internal)
- Interacting with different design teams
- Interacting with the product manager about the specification
- Designing products
- Drawing schematics
- Selecting components
- Liaising with the layout engineer
- Liaising with the mechanical team
- Testing products
- Delivering and implementing a test plan of electronic designs
- Writing and storing test reports
- Visiting some UK labs for pre-compliance testing.
- Sharing results with design teams -Validating and certifying products.
This role might include some travels in the UK for labs and abroad
Experience and Qualifications
The candidate should have a relevant degree in electronics or related to electronics.
The candidate will need to show some experience of delivering products in an industrial/consumer electronic market.
The candidate shall demonstrate the following points:
- Knowledge in analog electronic design (experience in linear or switched-mode power suppliers, experience in component selection, experience of PCB technology, knowledge of RF design)
- Knowledge of instrumentation techniques
- Experience in interfacing with suppliers/prototyping companies.
- Experience in certifying electronic/RF products for the European market (RED, LV, RoHS)
- Experience in electronic manufacturing process (DFM, testing, automation)
- Experience in quality processes
- Experience in reliability design/tools (HALT, ALT, DFMEA)