We are looking for an experienced Dev Ops Manager with experience of Utilities, Metering and Smart Metering across application and infrastructure.
As a Dev Ops Manager you will drive the design and delivery of world-class cloud solutions for the office of the Deputy CIO of Technology, managing different teams to ensure the successful automation of the CI/CD pipeline, providing expertise on automation and Integrations services. You will be challenged to find approaches that enable rapid adoption of new cloud services and drive transformation for our business and IT processes.
Your responsibilities include partnering with business-focused development teams and successfully leading the design of cloud solutions. You will be challenged to find approaches that enable rapid adoption of new cloud services, drive transformation, and transform IT.
This role takes accountability for ensuring a high quality of delivery output into the MA operational business and provides support pre-sales technical activities and engagement with customers.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY / TASKS
Dev Ops Specialism’s
- Improvement of automation degree in integration, deployment, monitoring and configuration management aspects of the developed solutions and the development infrastructure
- Work with engineering teams to understand their requirements for Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Contribute to core automation framework and related services to improve capabilities and reliability
- Develop and maintain systems for a growing automation infrastructure
- Design, develop, implement and evolve UK Engineering teams’ CI/CD toolset for diverse applications both on VMware and AWS.
- Operating and maintaining delivery processes in a multi-national , distributed software development environment
- Communicate, coordinate and integrate the DevOps activities of local project team with the global R&D network.
Ensure solution and architectural quality
- Contribution to solutions architectures, requirements elicitation and development processes improvement
- Ensuring technical architecture compliance is rigorously applied to all implementation projects and operational changes through assurance processes.
- Develop features end-to-end including delivery of accompanying unit and system test automation as well as support for Ops
- Contribute to several layers of a sophisticated, multi-purpose tool stack that targets complex environment deployments
- Work closely with project and programme managers to lead the solution delivery providing technical leadership, guidance and direction to the project team and being the interface to the business to ensure successful adoption of the solution
- Strong knowledge in software build, integration, deployment, release, and code analysis tools; Eclipse, Python, Jenkins, Gradle, Terraform.
- Django or equivalent – critical
- Experience in creating IaC (Infrastructure as Code) by using TerraForm and/or AWS CloudFormation
- Hands-on professional experience in Scripting Languages; Python, Ruby, Bash, Java Script
- Experience of Containerisation, Docker, Kubernetes, Chef, Puppet
- Experience with IaaS and PaaS solutions (AWS, OpenStack, CloudFoundry, etc) is a plus
- Experience of automation tools such as Ansible/G3
- Test automation tools such as Tosca BI, Selenium
- Broad experience across all IS disciplines, with wide exposure to large scale complex IS projects including practical and specific technical knowledge in architecture, software development, design patterns, non-functional requirements, data migration and system integration
- Functional leadership
- IT Strategy
- TOGAF certification (desirable)
- AWS Certified Solution Architect
- Project management
- Database architecture