Device Assurance Specialist (Test Analyst)
The purpose of the Device Assurance Specialist (Test Analyst) role is to deliver Smart Metering device quality assurance through the testing approaches, processes, tools and plans as defined by the programme Head of Test and Senior Device Assurance Specialist/Test Lead (flagging opportunities for improvement/areas of risk where relevant) throughout the life cycle of the Smart Programme Release(s).
This position will be working within the smart programme, testing the various Smart metering devices, electricity and Gas devices and Comms hubs.
The Device Assurance Specialist (Test Analyst) will be responsible for the delivery of the following key device test work stream deliverables:
Test phase preparatory activities including;
- Knowledge transition/acquisition
- Requirements Gathering from both technical and non-technical sources
- Analysis and design of test scenarios and cases/scripts
- Test data set up and alignment
- Test device set up
- General test readiness activities
- Test phase execution
- Test script execution
- Test evidence collation and documentation
- Full and accurate logging of test defects, not just against devices but where relevant against industry specifications
- In depth triage of device issues, across metrology, firmware, WAN and HAN
The Device Assurance Specialist will contribute to the following key test work stream test phase deliverables:
- Approach Documentation
- Readiness Reporting
- Entry and Exit Reporting
- Daily execution and defect reporting
- Knowledge transfer to the Operational Business
- Experience of SMETS2 technical specification.
- Previous experience of Smart meters testing within utilities.
- Utilities experience a must have.