Core Platform Developer
Welwyn Garden City
The company provides a data fabric framework totally driven by metadata which helps turn client’s ‘big data’ into ‘smart data’. The framework is built on cutting-edge technologies that require talented and passionate developers to drive forwards with innovative ideas. The company has a presence in the UK, South Africa, Netherlands, and USA.
We are looking for candidates to work on the metadata driven serverless core platform product, and whilst the codebase is predominantly written in Scala they welcome developers with experience in in at least one modern functional programming language that have an interest in functional programming, with a view to transitioning to Scala. There will be some overlap with the database developers so experience in SQL/NoSQL is also a requirement.
Key Competencies/ What’s desired?
- Experience of Apache Spark or similar data processing tools – Apache Flink or Apache Ignite
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases like MongoDB, Redis, CouchDB, Cassandra or Elasticsearch
- Experience building and working with distributed microservices and service orchestration.
- Knowledge with a modern provisioning tool like Ansible, Chef or Puppet
- Experience in AI/Machine Learning.
- Familiarity with modern Continuous Integration and Build tools, GitLab, TeamCity, Jenkins, Travis CI, Circle CI, Bamboo etc.