Business Development Manager
£70000 - (£110000 OTE)
We have an immediate need for a Business Development Manager. The position will complement our regional sales team and requires a confident and professional self-starter who is comfortable interfacing with senior level leadership, eager in finding and closing business, focused on meeting the customer’s needs, and able to work well within a team of sales managers in a rapidly growing business. Proven success prospecting and navigating complex sales and generating proposals to meet a customer’s unique energy management needs is critical.
The Business Development Manager will act as a subject matter expert who will evangelise the company’s flexibility solutions and distributed energy resources. A core remit - establish relationships with other leading companies and large energy users, better understand their needs and future energy direction with a view to helping them strategically achieve or set goals - utilise solutions to both decarbonise and access new revenues from energy flexibility.
The company is part of a global business line dedicated to developing innovative products and digital solutions in sectors in which energy is showing the greatest potential for transformation: cities, homes, industries and electric mobility. The company holds the leading position in demand response programs globally, with over 6 GW of demand response capacity currently managed and assigned in the Americas, Europe, Asia and Oceania.
Innovation, Trust, Proactivity and Responsibility are the core values of our Organisation. We are always looking for different perspectives, ideas and point of views. Each person is important to us, independent of their gender, age, nationality, ability or any other form of diversity or specificity. We are a people focused Company and we work to empower all our colleagues through development programs and lifelong learning.
We promote work flexibility recognising the importance of wellbeing and work-life balance.
- Prospect for and recruit new business potential clients in demand response programmes.
- Develop customer market segmentation, targeting strategies, and sales planning as necessary and in conjunction with objectives of the EMEA sales team.
- Use existing and future internal SaaS systems for pipeline management and sales progress reporting.
- Analyse customer energy and facility data to understand a company's energy management needs and propose solutions experience in data modelling helpful.
- Strategically map sales account plans for suitable prospective target companies and develop in depth sales proposals to deliver news business and revenue targets.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop customer energy reduction plans for possible demand response solutions.
- Promote solutions using the company’s portfolio of offerings that answer the business needs of key enterprise customers.
- Negotiate and close contracts for energy management related services with these customers.
- Complete detailed discovery of suitable prospect companies to strategically position their energy as a service EaaS capability and better understand the business opportunity.
- Advise the company's marketing team on ways to improve product offerings and go to market strategies.
- Minimum of B.A. or B.S. undergraduate degree required, ideally in a technical engineering discipline.
- At least 7 years of outside sales experience.
- At least 5 years of B2B sales experience - highly desirable sales background in UPS or data centre resiliency solutions and or working with battery storage developers.
- Other DER (distributed energy resources) CHP, P.V. back up generation etc. sales experience considered.
- Experience with closing sales of energy solutions, energy hardware, energy software, energy procurement, consulting, battery storage, electric vehicles, DSR or energy management services in the commercial, institutional, and or industrial markets.
- Experience in contracting, redline negotiation leverage legal supports.
- Ability to develop strong customer relationships.
- A proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales quotas.
- An inherent hunter mentality and lead generation expertise as well as the ability to quickly identify and qualify sales opportunities to build and maintain a pipeline for new business.
- Ability to illustrate ROI to C level decision makers, as well as interacting with facilities managers and engineers.
- An established network of target market contacts that lead to fast pipeline growth.
- Previous experience selling into large commercial or industrial businesses.
- Must be able to work as part with autonomy and be capable of delivery - highly technical solutions to some of the world’s leading companies, this requires a strong aptitude for learning and an adaptive approach to prospecting.